Welcome to Eastmont
We hope this website will help you know more about us. You’ll find us to be a friendly, caring family of Christians. If you are looking for a church where you can serve and be served, consider becoming a part of the Eastmont family. If you need help with life, we’ve found Jesus Christ will give direction, hope, and forgiveness to anyone who asks. Let us share with you about Him. If you are “just visiting,” we are glad you are here. We never grow tired of saying “Welcome.”
The purpose of our church is summarized from two passages of scripture. These key scriptures are incorporated in our purpose statement.
In the Great Commandment: “Jesus said, ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart…soul…and mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and Prophets hang on these two commandments.’” Matthew 22:36 – 40
In the Great Commission: “Jesus said, ‘Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.’” Matthew 28:19 – 20
Based on these two scriptures and others, Eastmont Baptist Church exists to accomplish these five goals:
- Worship – To celebrate God’s Presence
- Ministry – To demonstrate God’s Love
- Evangelism – To communicate God’s Word
- Discipleship – To mature God’s People
- Fellowship – To unite God’s People to a church
Worship should always bring glory to God. The word glory (doxa) means “shining.” Think of glory as meaning “to shine the spotlight on.” When we worship we give glory to God. We shine the spiritual spotlight on Him instead of ourselves.
There are several styles of worship in Montgomery churches. They range from highly emotional and expressive to formal and rigid. None are necessarily right or wrong, just preferred styles of worship. At Eastmont, we try to find a balance. We worship in an orderly fashion but are relaxed enough to praise God with enthusiasm. You will enjoy contemporary and traditional music, a practical Bible message, and a friendly atmosphere for worship. At times there will be laughter, applause, praise, and joy.
Every Christian needs to worship regularly. Worship connects you to God, encourages other Christians, and brings peace and purpose to life.
Essentials We Believe
Here are some essentials our church believes.
Baptism and Baptists
Our name indicates that Baptism is very important to us. Every member of our church has experienced at least two spiritual events:
Who Runs the Church?
Why Join a Church?
We believe God expects every Christian to belong to a local church. A Christian without a church family is a contradiction in terms (read Ephesians 2:19-22). Here are five reasons you
need to join a local church.
1. Biblical Reason: Christ is committed to the church. “…Christ loved the church, and He gave His life for it.” Ephesians 5:25 We should love what Christ loved.
2. Maturity Reason: While you can be a Christian without the church, we have found you will not be a strong or mature one. The best environment for Christian maturity is found in the church.
3. Support Reason: We try to minister and care for our membership. We pray for them, visit them, encourage them, and comfort them. Membership identifies our family and helps us care for you better.
4. Ministry Reason: Every team has a roster. It shows who can be counted on to help serve. We have found that members are more involved in service/ministry more often than non-members. That pleases God, helps others, and grows spiritual strength. Simply put, members are usually better
servants. Every member has a ministry at Eastmont.
5. Personal Reason: Spiritual stability occurs in the church. “Lone Ranger Christians” are often unstable and undependable. Christians need a church family to remain strong and grow. The happiest and healthiest Christians are those involved in a local church.
How Can I Become
It is a simple, but important step to become a member at Eastmont. There are two places you may request membership:
At one of our Sunday Worship Services, during the final hymn, just walk to the front and tell the minister you wish to join. The minister will assist you, answer any questions, and relay your decision to the congregation. If you meet the two criteria below, we welcome you as a member.
You can attend our Membership Discovery Class (also known as Eastmont 101 Class) and join at that time. This class meets about every three months on Sunday mornings or evenings. It is normally taught by our Pastor, it explains our purpose, beliefs, and methods.
Any minister will be glad to answer your questions about joining.
You are welcome as a member if:
1. You have received Jesus Christ by faith as your personal Lord and Savior.
2. You have been baptized as a believer by immersion (or soon will be).