History of Eastmont Baptist Church

Eastmont began in 1859 as a mission from First Baptist Church. Twenty-eight members first met in a house and soon became Second Baptist Church with John B. Taylor as Pastor.

Original Building (1862)
Original Building (1862)

In 1925 Second Baptist Church moved into a newer facility on Madison Ave in downtown Montgomery.  In 1944 they added on an educational building behind the main building.   After years of ministry in the downtown area, we relocated to our present location in 1966. Cornelius De Block led the church during this transition as pastor from 1958-1972.

Paul W. Martin came as pastor in 1973. During his ministry the church grew significantly in number, enlarged its facilities, and changed its name to Eastmont Baptist Church. Eastmont grew steadily during Rev. Martin’s fourteen years of ministry. Hundreds of lives were positively touched by God.
Mike Northcutt became the pastor in June of 1987. Pastor Mike was born and raised in Montgomery at Capitol Heights Baptist. He is a graduate of Samford University and Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. He and Connie have two children, Beth and Michael  and three grandchildren.  In August 2010, Eastmont celebrated it’s 150th Anniversary.
There are hundreds of historical photos available online through a Facebook page created several years back for our 150th Anniversary.  Click here to view the pictures and video on the Eastmont 150th Anniversary Facebook Page
(Note: You DO NOT have to be a member of Facebook to view the pictures and videos.)