Super Summer Alabama
July 8 - July 12
Dates: July 8-12, 2019
Cost: $175 per person
Location: Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama
Lodging: Samford University Dorm Rooms
Grades Eligible: Those who have completed 8th-12th Grades by Summer, 2019.
Deadline to Register: April 8, 2019
Deadline to Pay: June 9, 2019
Description: The following excerpt is taken from the Super Summer official website:
Super Summer is a leadership and discipleship camp for Alabama students who have completed the 8th – 12th grade. Students who participate will be challenged to deepen their faith and stand out as leaders in their churches, families, and schools. Due to the nature of the camp, we recommend that you bring your leaders and potential leaders from your youth group.
Students are separated into “schools” based on their grade and their year of attending SSAL. Each particular “school” focuses on teaching a different aspect of the Christian faith (doctrine of salvation; doctrine of the church; soteriology; apologetics; missions; etc.) The days consist of three 90-minute classroom sessions led by student pastors from across the state. The days begin and end with a time of worship and preaching from the camp band and pastor. There are many who describe SSAL as “seminary for high school students.”
For more information concerning SSAL and its purpose for existence, visit the following site: https://supersummer.ymlink.org/about/
Qualifying Characteristics: Since SSAL is not the typical camp but is instead a discipleship and leadership development camp, then it is to be expected that each student who chooses to attend SSAL with Eastmont possess and attain to the following characteristics and qualifiers:
- The student should register using the following link on or before Monday, April 8th:
- The student should personally have accepted Christ as Lord and Savior.
- The student should be an active member of Eastmont Baptist Church.
- The student should maintain an average attendance of 70% for Sunday Morning and Sunday evening student ministry activities throughout the school year.
- The student should complete and turn in a “My Story” testimony sheet These sheets are available with Cleve or Karen and can be obtained AFTER the student registers online at the link provided above.
June 23 - June 29