“The words of Nehemiah son of Hacaliah: In the month of Kislev in the twentieth year, while I was in the citadel of Susa, Hanani, one of my brothers, came from Judah with some other men, and I questioned them I ask about the Jewish remnant that survived the exile, and also about Jerusalem. They said to me, ‘Those who survived the exile and are back in the province are in great trouble and disgrace.’ The wall of Jerusalem is broken down, and its gates have been burned with fire. When I heard these things, I sat down and wept. For some days I mourned and fasted and prayed before the God of heaven.”
1. God uses those who will sit down to cry.
2. God uses those who kneel down and pray.
3. God uses those who will stand up and act.
- It is not what you can do for God but what God can do through you.
- It is never too late to become what God called you to be.
- You can’t do everything but you can do Something.
- We are going to have a church that cares enough to weep, pray and act.
- We have a God who will turn our misery into a ministry
- We have a God who will turn our burden into a blessing.